Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork.
You can have Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork using 24 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork
- You need of Picnic or Bone-In Pork Roast.
- You need 1 of Poblano Pepper.
- You need 2 of Carrots.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 TBS of Cumin.
- You need 1 TBS of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 2 TBS of McCormick Chipotle Seasoning.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 TBS of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 can of Corn or 1/2 cups fresh corn.
- You need 1-2 of Ancho Peppers (Dried Poblano).
- You need 1 can of Diced Green Chiles.
- You need 2 cans of Diced Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of Black Beans (drained).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Honey.
- You need 1 TBS of Cumin.
- You need 1 TBS of McCormick Chipotle Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 TBS of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s of Queso Fresco.
Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork step by step
- COOK PORK – in a ceramic Dutch Oven with the onion, carrots, poblano pepper, along with (first list of) seasonings and water. Cook for several hours on stove top, adding more water as needed until pork falls of the bone. Remove pork from Dutch Oven and pull it apart..
- In a pot on the stove top add olive oil, once heated at the corn and ancho peppers (crushed up), add salt and pepper. Stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes, then add the diced green chiles. Cook and stir for another couple of minutes then add the diced tomatoes, black beans, seasonings and honey. Stir together, then add the pork, as well as 1 cup of the juice from the Dutch Oven. Let simmer (slight boil) for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- SERVE – with a tortilla or mixed with a lettuce. Add Queso Fresco..