Plain white bread (makes 3-4 loaves). This recipe for four loaves of white bread is perfect for baking ahead and freezing for when you need them. Make Four Loaves of White Bread. Plain White Paper Bread B. has been added to your Cart.
This classic white bread bakes up with a light center and a beautiful golden brown crust. So I have never made bread from scratch without a bread maker but decided to give this a try, it's rising now This recipe will give you two loaves of plain, sweet white bread that are quick and easy to make. Make two loaves, freeze the one and always have a loaf of fresh white bread on hand. You can cook Plain white bread (makes 3-4 loaves) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Plain white bread (makes 3-4 loaves)
- You need 9 cups of white flour.
- You need 2 2/3 cups of very warm water.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of shortening.
- You need 4 1/2 tbsp of quick rise yeast.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need of margarine.
I use it to shred chicken with the paddle attachment, make loaves of bread, and obviously use it for baking cookies and whipping up homemade icing. This straightforward loaf is the white bread of your dreams, and its fluffy slices make for evenly browned toast. The more you knead the dough, the lighter the bread. What a great looking loaf of bread!
Plain white bread (makes 3-4 loaves) instructions
- Mix all the ingredients together except the margarine. I like to use a bread machine to kneed the bread for me but you can knead it by hand. Knead for 10 minutes until the dough stretchy and elastic..
- Turn your oven on for 3 minutes and then shut off just to get it a little bit warm. Divide your dough into two or three equal balls. Rub each ball all over with margarine or butter. Place each ball into a greased loaf pan and squish it down..
- Place the loaves into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes and let rise until it's the size that you want it to be. Remove from oven..
- Preheat oven to 405 Degrees. Cook loaves on center rack until when tapped it sounds hollow inside..
- Cool on a baking rack. Optional: brush tops with butter. Enjoy!.
It makes me crave some PBJ! I'm still a fan of PBJ after all these years, especially on homemade white bread. This bread is adaptable – shape it into loaves or roll, scatter poppy or sesame seeds over the top or just leave it plain. Whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed. Rub in the butter and make a well in the centre. (If using olive oil instead of butter, pour the olive oil into the remaining water.) How do you make your banana bread?