Italian Herb & Cheese Bread. Italian seasoning is a blend of ground herbs used to flavor many Italian cuisine dishes. Herbs commonly included are basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, sage, or coriander. I was cooking something that needed italian herbs but didn't have any, and it took me a little while to find what the usual ingredients are so thought I'd post it here.
Italy is famous for its amazing cuisine, one of the most notable aspects of which is the simplicity of the recipes. Italian Blend*-this blend has ten different herbs and spices including fennel and rosemary. A wide variety of italian seasoning herbs options are available to you, such as feature. You can have Italian Herb & Cheese Bread using 11 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Herb & Cheese Bread
- You need 2 packages of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 cups of warm water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter softened.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of each:.
- It’s of Onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan romano cheese.
- It’s 5 1/2-6 cups of bread flour.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten for eggwash.
- It’s of Melted butter for brushing after baked.
De re coquinaria was one of the earliest cookbooks written, in the first century AD. Of all of our herb blends, Italian Herbs is the number one best seller. View full nutritional breakdown of Italian Herb Seasoning calories by ingredient. This Italian herb chicken recipe features moist and tender chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, garlic and penne pasta simmered in a savory broth.
Italian Herb & Cheese Bread instructions
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water (110 degrees).
- While yeast is proofing, mix flour, spices, salt and cheese together until well combined..
- When yeast is frothy, add softened butter and add mixture to flour mixture..
- I use my bread machine on dough cycle but you can use mixer with hook attachment or knead by hand..
- Knead until a soft ball forms and pulls away from sides of bowl. It should feel smooth and when you touch it should not stick to finger..
- If it is to sticky, add a few tablespoons of bread flour and knead until consistency described above. If it is dry, add teaspoon of water at a time and refer to above instructions..
- The dough should be smooth and elastic. Knead for 10 minutes with hook and check..
- When dough is smooth and elastic, grease a large bowl with oil or cooking spray..
- Roll dough in bowl to cover with oil and cover. Let rise until double in size..
- Punch down dough and turn out on lightly floured surface..
- Roll out dough to rectangle. I usually roll out 9×13. If you want smaller loaves roll out larger and it makes more also..
- Spread with softened butter. I add garlic and herbs to my butter but its optional..
- With sharp knife of pizza cutter, cut into 4 equal pieces. More if rolled out larger. Roll each piece wider..
- Roll each piece up from long side like making cinnamon or jelly rolls. Pinch ends together and tuck under..
- Repeat with remaining dough. You should have 4 loaves..
- Place seam side down in 9×13 inch pan width wise not lenghth..
- I sometime put shredded cheese on dough with butter before rolling. Roll out to 9×13 and roll long side up jelly roll style. Cut into equal pieces. Place in oiled 9×13 dish. Rise and brush with egg wash, cheese and herbs. Bake until golden and cooked through. Brush with garlic herb butter..
- Brush with oil and cover. Let rise until double in size..
- Brush tops with eggwash. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and herbs if desired. I also top with shredded cheese also..
- Bake at 325 for 35 to 45 minutes. If tops are browning to fast, cover with foil..
- Test for doneness after 30 minutes. I cook on lower temp longer because of all the layers it takes a bit to cook through..
- When done, brush with butter or garlic butter with parsley..
This grinder easily adds Italian flavor to pasta, sauces, meats, bread dipping oil and salads. Spices and Herbs (Including Rosemary, Black Peppers, and Red Peppers), Garlic, Onion, Sea Salt, Tomato. A savory quick bread recipe combining fresh tomatoes, Italian herbs, garlic, and cheese. Bake up some summer right in your kitchen with this easy tomato bread! Once again, we're sneaking in just.