Caesar Salad, Dressing and Croutons.
You can have Caesar Salad, Dressing and Croutons using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caesar Salad, Dressing and Croutons
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic — chopped.
- It’s 1 of each egg -(*see note at bottom).
- You need 1 ounce of parmesan cheese — grated.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of malt or red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of anchovy paste.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 8 fluid ounces of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 ounces of bread- diced 1 inch.
- Prepare 2 ounces of butter melted.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of garlic -powder or granulated.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1 head of Romaine lettuce -Washed, dried and diced in 1 inch dice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese shaved or grated.
- You need 6-8 ounces of Caesar dressing- add just enough to coat.
- You need 2 cups of croutons.
Caesar Salad, Dressing and Croutons instructions
- Caesar dressing.
- Combine the garlic, egg, cheese, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, anchovies, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process for 1 minute..
- With the machine running, slowly, begin adding the oil to form an emulsion.about 1 minute slowly pouring.
- Continue until all of the oil is incorporated. Then let it run for 1 more minute.
- Toasted Croutons.
- Dice up french bread into 1 inch pieces and toss with melted butter and seasonings for a minute of mixing so they are fully coated..
- Place on a sheet pan and place in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until they are Golden Brown and Delicious..
- Finished Caesar Salad.
- To make salad mix just before service the lettuce,cheese,croutons and dressing add just enough to coat. Remember you can always add more dressing you can not take it away. Romaine varies in size so you will not use all of the dressing in one salad. Garnish with cheese on top:).
- -The Caesar dressing contains raw eggs. FYI, consumption of raw eggs may increase your risk of food-borne illness..