Garlic Basil Knots.
You can cook Garlic Basil Knots using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic Basil Knots
- Prepare 1 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 3 1/4 Cups of Flour.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Yeast Active.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Garlic.
- Prepare 3 of Basil Leaves.
Garlic Basil Knots instructions
- Place all dough ingredients, except the last three, in the bread machine in the order listed. Select the dough cycle and press start. if you don't have a bread machine you can first mix a little sugar and water and add yeast to it.Then mix all the other ingredients,except the last three, in a bowl..
- If you are using the second method you might want to use only 1/2 cup water. Place a silpat mat on a baking sheet then coat with cooking spray. Flatten the dough onto a well floured surface then using a pizza cutter, cut into strips..
- Take each strip and tie into a knot, making sure to keep it well floured so it doesn't stick together..
- Place each knot onto the baking sheet. Once you have tied all the strips into knots, cover them with a cloth and set in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake 9-12 minutes or until golden brown..
- For the sauce: Add butter and minced garlic together and cook in the microwave until melted. Add the fresh chopped basil and stir. Once the knots are out of the oven, brush the top of each knot with the garlic basil butter. Serve immediately. Enjoy..