Easy Homemade Yakibuta – Roast Pork.
You can have Easy Homemade Yakibuta – Roast Pork using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Homemade Yakibuta – Roast Pork
- It’s 600 grams of Pork shoulder meat (or thigh).
- You need of *A*.
- You need 1 of Japanese leek (5 cm).
- It’s 1 of piece/clove each Ginger, garlic (both thinly sliced).
- Prepare 100 ml of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar (coarse sugar will make the meat shiny).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 of Red chili pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Star anise.
- You need 1 of Kitchen twine.
Easy Homemade Yakibuta – Roast Pork instructions
- (The photo shows two pieces of pork. ) Tie up the pork with kitchen twine, and poke it all over with a fork. Marinate in the *A* ingredients for more than 3 hours – overnight is OK!.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with cooking paper and put the meat on top. Roast for about 40 minutes. The marinade will be used later so reserve it..
- The pork is done when you poke it with a skewer and the juices run clear. (If you're cooking 2 pieces at a time, increase the roasting time by 10 minutes.).
- Put the marinade in a frying pan with the meat, and simmer to reduce the liquid while turning the meat. The meat will be even more delicious when it's coated with glossy sauce..
- Leave the kitchen twine on until it's time to eat it. Take it off before slicing..
- This is a photo of it cut. Delicious served with some Japanese mustard (plain mustard powder turned into a paste with water)..