Canned Green Beans.
You can have Canned Green Beans using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Canned Green Beans
- It’s 2 lb of Green Beans.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of salt.
- Prepare 3 cup of water.
Canned Green Beans instructions
- String and break green beans into one inch or less pieces. Then, clean jars by boiling them to sanitize..
- Place broken beans into jars and press down and shake while adding to the jars to insure the jars are full as beans will shrink during canning. Be sure to leave at least 1" to 1/2" of space on top of beans..
- Next add 1 tsp of salt to each jar. Then, fill the jar with water until it reaches the top of the beans but still leaving 1" to 1/2" of space from the top of the jar..
- Place lids in a pan with water and bring to a boil until lids get hot. When boiling, place one lid on each jar. Then add the rings to each jar. Only place each ring on finger tight..
- Place jars into a pressure canner. Turn heat to medium and wait approximately 15mins until canning pressure is reached and you have the steam pressure, the top giggles..
- Allow the cooker to cook at pressure for 20mins. Then, turn off and allow to cool until the canner has no pressure..
- Remove cans carefully and turn upside down until they cool completely. Tighten rings around each jar. Store in a cool dry place until ready to eat!.
- They can be stored for years. To eat simply open the jar, pour into a bowl and microwave! :-).