Canned Garlic Green Beans.
You can have Canned Garlic Green Beans using 3 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Canned Garlic Green Beans
- You need 1 gallon of fresh green beans, trimmed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, peeled and split.
Canned Garlic Green Beans step by step
- Place cleaned, trimmed, and cut beans in a pot(each gallon of whole beans equals 1 pint — I just eyeball the amount of beans with a 5-gallon bucket)..
- Cover the beans with water..
- Being the pot to a boil. Once it reaches boiling, allow the beans to boil for 5 minutes..
- While the beans are boiling, sterilize a pint jar per gallon of beans in a separate pot of hot water (do not put cold jars in boiling water! Heat the jars in a few inches of water in the canning pot until the water boils. This doesn't just sterilize the jars, it also makes it so they won't break when you add the hot beans)..
- Remove the jar with canning tongs. While the jar is still not, add 1/2 tsp salt and 2 split cloves of garlic..
- Ladle hot beans into the jar. When it's full, push them down with a wooden spoon and add more until the jar is snugly packed..
- Pour hit cooking liquid over the beans up to 1/2-inch below the rim of the jar..
- Wipe the rim of the jar dry with a clean paper towel..
- Place a clean, dry metal lid on the jar and screw on the metal ring on just until it stops turning..
- Place the jar(s) in simmering water in the pressure canner. Add more water if necessary to bring the water up to about 2 inches up the sides of the jar(s)..
- Process the jars on high for 20 minutes..