Frito pie. Here are three of my favorite ways to make Frito pie. I also used my homemade Texas Style chili recipe that makes it even better. Frito Pie has layers of Fritos™, chili and cheese for an irresistible Tex Mex casserole everyone will love.
Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner! Here is a uniquely Southern dish that instantly reminds us of county fair food and weekend football. There's a reason why this portable meal is a favorite among tailgaters and Texans. You can cook Frito pie using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frito pie
- You need of big bag chilli cheese Fritos.
- You need of ground beef or ground venison.
- Prepare of taco seasoning.
- You need of large tomatoes, diced.
- You need of lettuce diced.
- It’s of bag shredded taco blend cheese.
- It’s of Optional: sour cream,pico,salsa, guacamole (my Walmart sells guacamole salsa already made which is what I used).
Frito pie is often served right inside the chip bag. Author and world traveler Anthony Bourdain created What exactly is Frito pie composed of? Assembling a Frito chili pie is very, very complicated. You might want to pay attention!
Frito pie step by step
- Cook the ground beef and drain. Season with taco seasoning..
- Now layer it ! Fritos, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato then whatever sauces or toppings! Have fun and make it a “Frito bar” on the table and let everyone gather around and make their own!.
You get some chili… And you throw it on the Fritos. Frito Pie is a satisfying and comforting meal that's so simple to make. Get the easy recipe with Someone said to me, you want a Frito Pie? I know if you don't live in the South, you. This fun and easy Frito Pie combines taco seasoned ground beef, beans and salsa style tomatoes all topped with cheddar, Monterey Jack and crispy crunchy Fritos.