Fig/ Anjeer Sponge Cake. Fatless Sponge Cake recipe – How to make Fatless Sponge Cake. Cakes Basic Indian Dessert Recipes Cakes with Eggs Baked Oven. Benefits Of Fresh Figs Fresh Anjeer.
Cut the sponge cake into strips. Repeat this process two more times. Eggless sponge cake is one such cake which is a boon to them and can equally enjoy eating delicious eggless cakes and relish it like others do. You can have Fig/ Anjeer Sponge Cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fig/ Anjeer Sponge Cake
- You need 1 cup of fig Puree.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar+2 tablespoon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolks.
- It’s 7 of large egg whites.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For garnish (optional).
- You need as needed of Sour cream.
- It’s As needed of Honey.
- Prepare As needed of Mango slices.
Fig dessert or anjeer ka halwa also known as anjeer ka meetha is a tasty and quick desser. An American Sponge Cake is a deliciously moist, tender, spongy, open-grained cake. It can be eaten plain or served with cream and berries. What makes this American Sponge Cake so unique is its spongy texture that is so wonderfully light and moist.
Fig/ Anjeer Sponge Cake instructions
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and mix properly to form an even mixture. Combine ½ cup sugar, egg yolks, oil, vanilla extract, fig puree and whisk vigorously to form a uniform mixture..
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks. Be careful that the yolk doe snot break else you will not be able to prepare the meringue..
- In a clean bowl, take the egg whites and beat them either with a whisk or electric beater to form soft peaks. Now, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and continue beating. Again add 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat till you see firm peaks. This is called meringue..
- Fold 1/3 of the meringue gently with the remaining cake mixture. Do not mix. Mixing will deflate the meringue, i.e. remove all the air that you have incorporated to the egg whites. Then fold the remaining meringue to the mixture gently..
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Pour the mixture to a baking paper lined pan and bake till a tooth pick comes out clean (approximately 50 minutes depending on oven). You can also use a microwave with convection mode. This cake has a tendency to deflate while cooling. So, I invert the pan till it cools down which results in lesser sinking of the cake..
- Take some sour cream and beat it. Spread the sour cream on the slice of cake. Take a mango. Remove the skin and slice it. Take one slice and then slice it again to thin slices. Gradually, fold the slices in form of rose to make the mango rosette. Drizzle some honey. Enjoy your slice!.
Make a classic sponge cake with this easy recipe, perfect for everyday baking and occasions. Find more cake recipes at BBC Good Food. Choose your favourite filling for this easy sponge cake – we've opted for lemon curd and whipped cream, but you could have jam. The same applies to eating figs (anjeer) during pregnancy. Uses and Benefits of Figs or Anjeer Fruit.