An Easy Quiche Using Spring Roll Wrappers. An Easy Quiche Using Spring Roll Wrappers The basic recipe is a crustless quiche we have at our house that we call "western style chawanmushi" (steamed savory custard). I recently saw in a magazine a quiche using spring roll wrappers for the crust, so I transformed our family's 'western style chawanmushi' into a quiche. In a medium pan, scramble fry breakfast sausage.
These homemade spring roll wrappers will give you a new type of appreciation for that extra. Spring roll sheets recipe with step by step photos – this is an easy method to make homemade spring roll wrappers. Spring rolls are a favorite Chinese snack With many of us. You can cook An Easy Quiche Using Spring Roll Wrappers using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of An Easy Quiche Using Spring Roll Wrappers
- You need of Eggs.
- You need of Spinach.
- You need of Onion.
- You need of Bacon.
- You need of wrappers Spring roll wrappers.
- Prepare of Milk.
- You need of Melting type sliced cheese.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Veg spring roll is one of those recipes for which I have got a lot of requests. Here the Method I have chosen to make spring rolls wrappers is the batter method. both the wrapper and spring rolls recipe are from my home. I keep my promise and have been testing spring roll wrappers or egg roll wrappers at home in the last two weeks. Although I add a touch more water because the dough dries out quickly and is absoulty a pain to roll out.
An Easy Quiche Using Spring Roll Wrappers instructions
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C..
- Cut the spinach into 5 cm pieces, and the onion into 1 cm slices..
- Cut the bacon into 1 cm pieces..
- Heat olive oil (not listed) in a pan and stir fry the onion and bacon..
- When the color of the onions change, add the spinach and continue stir frying. Season lightly with salt and pepper..
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Set aside about 1 tablespoon of the beaten egg in a small bowl..
- Grease a pie dish with olive oil (not listed). Cut the spring roll wrappers from corner to corner into triangles..
- Line the pie dish with the wrappers so that the square corners of each triangle go in the corner. Use the beaten egg you set aside to glue the wrappers together where they overlap..
- This is how it looks with the pie plate lined with the wrapper pieces..
- Cut the edges of the wrapper that stick out of the plate with a knife. Chop up these cut-off bits; they'll be added to the filling later, so don't throw out..
- Add milk and finely shredded cheese to the bowl of eggs from step 6, and season with salt and pepper..
- Add the stir fried bacon and vegetables from step 5, and the chopped up bits of cut off spring roll wrapper..
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate, spreading the ingredients around evenly..
- Bake for 30 minutes in an oven and it's done..
Takes a little practice to get the rolling down but now i triple the recipe and make hugh batches of egg rolls to freeze. Spring rolls are simply a mixture of ingredients such as raw or cooked vegetables, cooked meats or seafood, rice noodles, and herbs rolled up in rice paper wrappers and served with dipping sauces. Since all they require is a quick dip in water, rice paper wraps are wonderful for making no-cook meals, and they also happen to be gluten-free and. You can usually find wonton wrappers in the grocery store near the tofu. If you can't find them, you can use egg roll wrappers for these recipes, too, though you may need to cut them in half.