Hard Dinner Rolls with Black Pepper and Rosemary.
You can cook Hard Dinner Rolls with Black Pepper and Rosemary using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hard Dinner Rolls with Black Pepper and Rosemary
- You need 150 grams of French bread flour (e.g. Maison Kayser Traditional, lys d'or).
- Prepare 100 ml of Lukewarm water.
- It’s 4 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 3 grams of Natural Salt.
- It’s 2 grams of Dry yeast.
- It’s 5 grams of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/3 tsp of ●Black pepper (Freshly grounded is better).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried rosemary.
Hard Dinner Rolls with Black Pepper and Rosemary instructions
- If you are using a bread machine, skip to Step 8. Add ●ingredients when the signal beeps or at the end of the kneading cycle..
- [Kneading] In a large bowl, place the flour and make a well in the center..
- Add sugar and yeast into the well. Place salt at the edge so it is away from the sugar..
- Pour 35℃ lukewarm water aiming into the center, mix until the dough comes together..
- When the dough comes together, move it to a working surface. Knead for 5-10 minutes..
- Rub the oil into the dough, add ● ingredients and knead more. Make the dough into a ball, cover it with a damp cloth or plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. Allow it to rise..
- Dust some flour onto an index finger and poke the center of the dough. If the hole stays as it is, the rising is complete. If the dough bounces back, it is not quite done yet. Let it rest a little longer..
- After rising, punch down to let the trapped air out, divide the dough into 6 parts and reshape them into balls. Let it rest for 15 minutes. Reshape the dough into balls one more time..
- Be careful not to let the dough dry up. Allow it to rise again. When the dough becomes 1.5 times bigger than the original size, the dough is done rising. Start preheating the oven to 250℃, to be ready at the right time..
- Dust some flour on top of the dough and make a slit. Drip some olive oil into the slit, spray a small amount of water, and move onto Step 11 (the dusting flour and the olive oil is not included in the recipe)..
- Reduce the oven temperature from 250 to 230℃. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature again to 200℃ and bake for another 5 minutes. When the top becomes your desired color, it is done..
- When you are using a bread machine, regular temperature water can be used during the summer time or when the room temperature is high. (It is ideal to preheat the oven to the highest temperature.).
- These rolls are round without slits. You can insert some cheese if you would like..
- These rolls go well with extra virgin olive oil, natural salt and balsamic vinegar..