Chinese Dim Sum Chive Buns.
You can cook Chinese Dim Sum Chive Buns using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Dim Sum Chive Buns
- You need 400 grams of Cake flour for the dough.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 200 ml of Lukewarm water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 bunch of Chinese chives for the filling.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- You need 4 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 30 grams of Dried sakura shrimp.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar for the seasoning.
- You need 3 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
Chinese Dim Sum Chive Buns step by step
- Put all the dough ingredients in a bowl and knead until smooth. Let it rise for 30 minutes at around 85°F/30°C (You can do this easily in a bread machine)..
- Scramble the eggs until fine and crumbly..
- Chop the shiitake mushrooms and chives finely..
- Mix all the filling ingredients except for the chives plus the flavoring ingredients. Season to taste with salt..
- Divide the risen dough into 2 portions..
- Divide one piece into 6. Roll each portion into a fat circle. Wrap the other portion in plastic wrap and set aside..
- Mix half of the combined filling with half of the chives (mix half at a time to prevent the filling from becoming soggy)..
- Make a bun using 1/6 of the mixed filling..
- Make 6 buns..
- Heat a pan and spread vegetable oil. Line the buns in the pan, and press down lightly with your hand so that it's slightly indented in the middle. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes..
- Flip the buns over and repeat..
- Cover with a lid and steam-cook over low heat for 3 minutes (adjust the time depending on the size of the bus). Adjust the heat so they don't burn..
- Turn the heat off, and they're done! Repeat Steps 6-12 to make 6 more buns with the rest of the dough and filling..
- These are carrot buns made with the same dough. See. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171251-carrot-filled-steamed-buns-a-dim-sum-item.
- A steamed rose shaped bun made with the same dough. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170880-rose-shaped-steamed-bread.
- Hedgehog steamed sweet bean buns made with the same dough. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171246-cute-hedgehog-shaped-steamed-bread.